It is a sad fact of life that most bloggers will fail.
Here are the top 3 reasons you will fail as a blogger:
1. You’re not willing to put in the effort
You are most likely to fail as a blogger because once the you’ve chosen your theme, installed your plugins, and made your first post the novelty quickly wears off.
Very quickly you realize traffic doesn’t just flood to your blog, excited to read your first post.
It doesn’t take long to work out you’ll need to do more than just post to get visitors to your blog.
The thought of writing to yourself for the next few months doesn’t feel as appealing anymore.
Two or three posts in your blog will be abandoned.
2. Your headlines are boring
Most people will only read blog posts with interesting headlines.
Most people will only share blog posts with interesting headlines.
To generate interest in your blog you need to write interesting headlines. Find out what works in your niche and write more headlines like that.
3. Your writing in a niche you’re not interested in
Write about something you’re not passionate about and it is obvious.
Many new bloggers try to pick a niche that they believe will be profitable, but know nothing about. They hope they’ll learn along the way and the riches will follow.
You’ll run out of steam quickly and the next thing you’ll see of your blog is the yearly domain renewal notice.
Here’s how to succeed at blogging
- Pick a topic you are passionate
- Write because you enjoy writing about your topic, not for traffic
- Actively get on social media and share your blog posts
- Connect with people with the same interests and let them know about your blog